Established in 1889, Carhartt is a global premium workwear brand with a rich heritage of developing rugged products for workers on and off the job. Headquartered in Dearborn, Michigan, with approximately 5,400 employees worldwide, Carhartt is family-owned and managed by the descendants of the company's founder, Hamilton Carhartt.
Carhartt partnered with January Digital in the summer of 2022 to align media strategies across the organization through earned, owned, and paid media, consolidating the work of five agencies to drive efficient, cross channel opportunities for ecommerce. Set against aggressive growth goals of 10x compared to category growth, January Digital introduced a robust, multi-touch full-funnel digital media ecomm campaign centered around innovation and a refreshed audience data-driven approach.
An overarching reorganization when consolidating five agencies across the business down to January Digital was a challenge, but essential. Introducing new efficient processes and points of contact across the Carhartt organization, January Digital streamlined the data and measurement parameters into a single view to then inform the business. The next challenge was the sheer volume of creative assists needed from the creative teams based on the multi-channel strategy. Lastly, to maximize engagement and sales, January Digital needed to work closely with the retail merchandising teams and their data to ensure proper product mix to appeal to the target audience and align with business and inventory priorities.
Through streamlining Carhartt’s digital marketing efforts and aligning internal processes and measurement, January Digital’s Holiday 2022 full-funnel digital media ecommerce campaign exceeded client expectations and industry benchmarks. The results included:
- Surpassing client ecommerce revenue goal and drove +28% YoY growth
- Increasing advertising effectiveness by improving ROAS 9% YoY
- Driving +22% YoY traffic to Carhartt.com
- Outpacing industry benchmarks by increasing brand awareness, ad recall, and purchase intent across CTV, video, and social partners:
- Snapchat - +13% lift for ad awareness (4x industry average), +14% lift for purchase intent (14x industry average)
- TikTok - +13% lift in ad recall (2.2x industry average)
- YouTube - +8% lift in ad recall (1.4x industry average) and a nearly +3% lift for “gear that makes for great gifts”